Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Re-fashion

There is no way to put it than to simply say I have way too much clothes..

My loving husband and I got married almost a year ago and although I don't have any stuff in storage anymore, it is by no means all organized and taken care of. Truthfully, it's mainly the clothes I'm having a hard time with.
While cleaning some more boxes out the other day, I actually found a pair of pants from when I was 12 (curdoroy which has stretched over the years and still fits --> which made me feel good ;))..so I decided I now really needed to takr care of business, and I'm proud to say I've already donated a few dozen (yes I know..ridiculous) garbage bags filled with clothes to GW. Since I am a strong believer in re-using (and recycling for that matter) I have given myself the choice to wear my clothes, decide to keep them for another year (and than if I don't wear them, give them to GW), give them to GW or re-fashion them.

Truth be told, I'm having a blast with the re-fashioning. Since I love sewing, this gives me enough new projects for probably the next few months, all without having to spend money on fabric. So I'm loving it.
I think my husband often wonders what made him decide to give up his home office and turn our attic into a shared office so when we work (aka I sew) we can still spend time together..my old sewing machine (a heirloom from my late grandmother) which must be at least 40 years old namely isn't very quiet.

Anyhow, I love reading blogs and getting inspired, but have put off starting my own for a long time, but I though it would be a good time to start anyway and share some of my project (please be gentle with your remarks :)).
So more to come in the next few days!

Love,

Michèlle

No comments:

Post a Comment