Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Summer hat

Both my sister and I aren't particularly tall (5'4" and 5'5") thus this summer's maxi dress rage is a little bit diffucult because in almost all dresses it looks like we're drowning. However, my sis bought two super cute maxi dresses and asked me to shorten them for her. (If I get her to model them for me I'll share with you later.)
To go with the whole theme (might I add, although it is almost August, it feels like fall over here..rain every single day and we should be happy if the temp. gets up to 70F, so it's safe to say I am hoping like crazy warmer days are still to come..luckily for my sister, she gets to go to Portugal on Saturday (and enjoy some sunshine there)) mom bought her a cute little sun hat. Since I thought the hat needed something extra and I had a few inches of fabric left over from shortening my sisters maxi dresses, I added a bow, or well I gave my sister some options (see below; and yes at this time pins are holding everything together and the third option still needs a vertical piece of fabric in the middle). As soon as she decides which option she likes best I'll finish it and show you some pictures (together with the dress).

##Update: my sister has informed me it'll be the first option, so a picture of the finished product will follow tonight!

On a different note, I also made a matching headband and a belt out of the remaining fabric (also to be shown later this week)

No comments:

Post a Comment