Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Summer dress

My parents are cleaning out their garage and it turns out there was a whole bunch of sewing stuff from my grandma in there..I'm talking appliances, zippers, fabric, yarn..everything...
So my mom was kind enough to go through it all and supply me with a few boxes full of good stuff (thanks mommy!)

From this lovely floral fabric I decided to make myself a summer dress (see below)


Thanks to my sewing mannequin I draped and pinned and than sewed, rather than using a sewing pattern..let me know what you guys think of the results (obviously you'll have to to with these pics for now..because I am way not skinny enough at this time to model anything like this :))

1 comment:

  1. zo cute!! Wat leuk dat je die spulletjes van je oma hebt! Zo heb ik ook een hele doos vol met naaigerei van mn oma, knopen, en weet ik het wat allemaal! Ik ben nog niet zo handig op de naaimachine,dus gebeurd alles met de hand.. Tja, het houdt me van de straat ;)
    xx kirsten

    ReplyDelete